Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greedygh0st

Three Cheers for (insert your name here)!

greedygh0st
11 years ago

Not that my New Year's Resolutions topic has exactly thrilled everyone to their marrow...

...but when I was reading the responses, it got me thinking that I should start a complimentary thread.

Because this time of year, sometimes we can get down on ourselves, because we're so focused on the things we want to change that we've failed to do in the past. So, I wanted to ask you what you successfully pulled off in 2012 that freaking awesome. I know you did some great stuff, so let us pat you on the back too. :)

Here's my list:

1. Figured out how to keep mounted Dischidias happy. -woot!
2. Created a super functional database (Thank you, Bento!) that I can edit both on my computer and phone. It tells me exactly where each plant is located, as well as other useful stuff, like whether it is big enough to take cuttings, whether it has a aluminum label yet, etc. As well as all the usual stuff, like who I got it from, when, and for what cost (if any). I was thinking I should also add a field to track when it first flowered. It's nice to be using a formal database program, because it makes tailoring things over time a lot easier.
3. Installed a more low profile artificial lighting system.
4. Got a RO system, and the tools required for taking related measurements.

Every year we get better at growing Hoyas. :) Congratulations everyone on your own successes!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions