Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Posted by moonwolf Z6 Central PA (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 15:49

Hi everyone,

So, when my best friend came over to visit yesterday, he brought with him a cutting of pubicalyx Red Buttons, from which the mother plant was started from cuttings of my own plant that is now deceased. I have it all potted together in a pot along with the plant I got from Joni earlier this summer. The best part is that the cutting from my friend and his mother has one tiny peduncle on it! Perhaps, one of the best Christmas presents I have ever recieved lol.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Great news Brad! I look forward to pictures! ~ Mary

o

Congratulations! I too love to give gifts of Hoyas! As people care for them, they will always have the gifter on their mind! They make wonderful presents potted in special pots too.

o

Thank you, Mary and teisa!

Here are pictures of my newly potted up Red Buttons. So excited for the little peduncle!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Peduncle
Photobucket

I also have decided to be brave and give African Violets a second try. I picked up this little beauty Friday at a local (little) Christmas Tree show held by our local garden club. Here's a picture of that too.

AV Entire Plant #4 12/4/12

African Violet Entire Plant 12/4/12

Check out the underside of this leaf. There are only a couple on my plant like it. Perhaps it's a light issue?
AV Foilage 12/4/12

Blooms
African Violet 12/4/12

Enjoy!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here