Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yaslan

latest obession: Hoyas

yaslan
13 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I just recently purchased these Hoyas and have no idea what species they are. I am very excited and can't wait to collect a few more.

Happy growing All!

-Bo

p.s I'm new to Hoyas and has become a bit obsessed with them lol

Comments (8)

• patrick51
    13 years ago

Hello Bo...hoyas are definitely very addicting...and very enjoyable as well. I went from 30 to 237 in a little over a year...due to seeing the great pictures on this forum. I hope you can handle the addiction better than I have!! LOL Fondly, Patrick

• binlin
    13 years ago

Very nice, those look like H. carnosa to me.
    Go browse the forum, look at some photos, and you'll soon find that you're wanting to add more and more varieties to your collection.
    Have fun.

• yaslan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Patrick - Wow!! You have a lot of Hoyas! I don't think I have the space for more but you never know. I am always giving away plants (I get tired of). Also, I too was very much inspired by the pics, especially Josh's H. Vanuatuensis.

Rennet - I've been like this with my other plants, especially my jades! So, I know all too well about the part of adding more to your collection! lol

Happy growing!

-Bo

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

Bo- Welcome welcome to the Hoya forum!

Patrick- lol I just love your story. It makes me sound so paced and moderate, only having collected 100 or so in a year... plus 4 more in the post, yesterday! Of course, you probably have more space to put them in...

Hoyas, I've decided, are like kittens. They arrive all cute and cuddly and can fit in your hand. Thus, it always seems like you have enough room for one, until they get a little bigger and rowdier. >_>;
    <_> >_>

• moonwolf_gw
    13 years ago

Welcome to the hoya forum, Bo!

Patrick and GG, LOL! It makes me think of what will become of my collection in years to come. Of course, I just bought two more last week at Lowe's.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• yaslan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi greedyghost & Brad - Thanks for the warm welcome! Also, great metaphor GG! lol

I've only a few Hoyas but like Brad said can only imagine what it'll look like in a few years!

Happy growing Everyone.

-Bo

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Hi Bo...

I too am very new here and I am learning so much as I see many helping you out...Wonderful..I also love your new plants and this new obession you have as I do..lol

Brad...Thank you for everyting you show, help with, and your very kind offers! I am still looking for cuttings that come to a bloom stage very quickly from cuttings and some interesting leaf colorings..

Thank you to everyone else here also..I appreciate all you have to say..I am becoming like my good friend Bo now..:-)

Mike

• yaslan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey Mike - Good to see ya here. You're definitely my citrus hero and cacti & succulents too... lol I think it's fantastically fun to both start this adventure (at the same time) and encourage and enable each other along the way lol

Also, I too appreciates everyone's kindness and patience (to help a newbie along the way). Thank you!

-Bo