Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Going Christmas Shopping Tomorrow...

moonwolf_gw
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow, I will be going Christmas shopping and I'll be around Lowe's and HD too. So, we all know what that means! I shall report back if and when I do get another plant whether it's a hoya or not. Onychoides and motoskei don't look too well right now (I think I let them dry out for too long) and we all know what happened to my lacunosa! I might even pick up a Krimson Queen again if they have one!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (6)

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

Good luck! I've seen a lot of H. carnosa tricolor (aka Krimson Queen?) lately!
    A Ceropegia of some sort probably wouldn't mind hanging out with your Hoyas, either ;)

Speaking of Christmas shopping...I just picked up a Giant Chainfern for my brother today.
    Now I'm working on a batch of potting mix to fill a wooden planter for the fern. I'm going
    to get everything mixed ahead of time in a plastic bag, then I'll do the actual potting down
    at my brother's house....that way I can avoid the hassle of transporting a bulky container.

Let us know how it goes!

Josh

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Josh,

Actually, a string of hearts is one of the plants I'm hoping to find! I hope your brother enjoys the fern.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

I hope you find something fun! I love Krimson Queen, moreso, since I acquired a Krimson Princess and realized how deeply annoyed I am by its thin flabby leaves.

Do you really think motoskei and onychoides are in danger of biting the dust? It's true onychoides doesn't like to dry out, but mine has pulled through some tight spots.

It sounds like you've got last-minute wrapping down to a fine art, Josh. I love giving people plants too and my sisters send me pictures every time their gifts bloom, I think to prove that they haven't killed them. I once told them that when I died, I was going to be cremated and distributed among my plants so that everyone would be forced to keep my collection alive or kill me again. They were pretty irritated with me that day.

• ladygreensleeves
    13 years ago

To GG.... to quote you... "I love giving people plants too and my sisters send me pictures every time their gifts bloom, I think to prove that they haven't killed them. I once told them that when I died, I was going to be cremated and distributed among my plants so that everyone would be forced to keep my collection alive or kill me again. They were pretty irritated with me that day".

ROTFLOL.....I'm glad I'm not the only one to ever say that!

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

GG, onychoides looks like it bit the dust (all shriveled and limp) :(. Motoskei has wrinkled leaves and has a hard time staying in the pot (I cut the stems back to the soil line on my old plant that I got and stuck them in a new clay pot. It was too moist in the old plastic pot I had it in).

I did get two new plants! See them under my new post!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

LGS- !!! I'm happy to be in such good company. ^_^*

Brad- I'm sorry to hear about onychoides and motoskei. This season is very trying.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler