Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gennykins

Good deal?

gennykins
13 years ago

I was in Lowe's today and yes, had to compulsively swing through the plant department when I saw an employee marking down plants. She marked a large nummarloides (sp?) down to $2.00! I actually hesitated prior to buying it because it looks as though it might have of all things, spider mites. I say might because rather than overall mottling the leaves have minute yellow spots than remind me of extremely fine spray paint over-spray. This is one of the few times I wish had stronger technology skills so that I could post a photo. The plant was also bone dry with several dead leaves at the top.

I've cleaned out the dead leaves and sprayed it down with dish soap and water. I also have NEEM and may use it if the soap does not work. I also have a systemic but hate to use it indoors. My questions:

1. For those of you who have nummalroides, does it have tiny yellow spots? Maybe tiny yellow spots are normal?

2. Several of the stems either have dried penducles or look as though they've lost a few sets of leaves. Could the stems that look as though they've lost a few sets of leaves actually be green peducles? I guess what I'm wondering is whether I should trim them back.

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!

Lisa

Comments (3)