Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A recent swap brought me H. chouke

Posted by pirate_girl Zone7 NYC (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 14, 11 at 18:28

Look at this little lovely. I believe H serpens is one of its parents & tho' I wasn't able to grow it for more than one year, I loved Serpens w/ its small roundish leaves.

This little pretty seems to have a similar charm for me. I swapped some plants & tubers of Ceropegia woodii for it.

Seems to be settling in well, I've had it for about a month; has 2 old peduncles too, nice. I water rooted it (quite fast) & then have planted 2 of 4 cuttings into mix, so far so good.

Photobucket

Here's the one in mix:

Photobucket

There's just something about these smaller leafed Hoyas that I find really charming.

(Thank you Mary if you're lurking out there).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A recent swap brought me H. chouke

Do you have it's sister cv, Mathilda? It is darling and easy to care for also. They are both crosses of serpens and carnosa. Mine blooms heavy in summer. If you don't have one, maybe we can swap cutting next spring/summer.

o

PG, I too find the wee ones enchanting. and I love serpens.

I'd like to find either sister, myself. If I got "Chouke" or "Mathilde" in trade, I'd be pretty happy!

If you've not read the story from the breeder, here it is. It's quite sweet....*sniff*

Marcy, you're so kind!

Here is a link that might be useful: Emilio's Story of

o

Hi folks,

Thanks Laura for the story, I'd read it some time back, but not since I got Chouke. I remember admiring Mathilde before & putting her on my sometime wishlist which I've never quite ordered.

Perhaps in Spring we could do a swap, nice idea, thanks Mairzy/Marcy(?).

I've sort of had an open offer to get some Serpens back, but decided against it, having heard it likes cooler temps, something I can't really provide year round (hot summers, no A/C). I'd given a small Sprig of it which had broken off of mine, really small, like maybe a 1-node cutting, of it to a friend (those who remember Oojenn). She grew it to a full blooming plant, in Minnesota I think, sounded impressive. She always reminded me I was welcome to get some back, we lost touch when she stopped posting here.

o

Well, here's another open offer. If you ever decide to try again, I'll have a snip waiting.

1 node cutting to a full blooming plant does sound VERY impressive! <3
Minnesota, hmmm. May explain why I do ok with serpens. Northern Minnesota is about an hour away.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here