Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is This Worth Selling?

Posted by aveo5 10 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 15, 11 at 19:09

I have a 12in rooted cutting of 'H.Imperialis', it is now starting to grow now that it is rooted in some wet sphagnum moss. I was given it for free. Is it worth putting up on E-E-Bay and selling? Or is it to common?
I figured i might as well ask here, before i put it up for sale, and have to pay to sell it. If I am only going to get $5...why bother?

So..is this anything great?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is This Worth Selling?

And that's the problem with eBay these days. I used to sell there, but the fees kill you unless you get a decent amount, and you can't really count on that unless you have something fairly rare. What I've done is set up a "for sale" album on my on line photo sharing site. I know you don't get the exposure you get with eBay, but at least you don't get nailed for fees even if you DON'T sell your product!

Denise in Omaha

o

It's not something one ordinarily runs across. I don't do mail order & have never come across this or swapped for it. Nor have I come across it a local Indoor Gardening Society nor when I used to belong to my local Cactus & Succulent Society. I've come across a fair amount of Hoyas but never that one. It's not rare, I'm sure, but I've never seen one in person (I'd certainly buy it for that price& shipping.)

o
The problem

The problem with Kijiji & Ebay is the economy, I think. But someone always wants something for nothing... That's another issue.

o

Is it classic h. Imperialis or a seedlings like raushii seedlings

o

Well it is the 'classic' variety.It is al of a sudden growing like a weed. It has put out over a foot of growth in 2 weeks! After months of doing nothing,but rooting i guess, now it is almost 2 feet long. i might take the chance and post it on EBay. Seems like when i want a LARGE flowering hoya, they cost a small fortune. Well this IS a large flowering hoya,and ROOTED, so, it must be worth at least $15-20 rooted and growing. I get UNROOTED ones for $30!,and they die.

o

Unrooted ones for $30? I don't know where you're ordering from but that seems quite steep.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here