Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denise_gw

Happyfeethappyfeet!

Denise
11 years ago

I was recently boring my husband to death reminiscing about the late 70's and my all-time favorite plant magazine, House Plants & Porch Gardens. Only the old-timers here would remember it. It was in publication briefly in the 1970's, and it was dedicated exclusively to houseplants. I drank in every issue and was particularly excited when they had an article on Hoyas. I'd had my first Hoya for a few years and it was this article that made me say, "AH-HA!! That's my plant!!" And the photos of other species and flowers made me want more...

Anyway, I moved around a lot back then and got tired of moving them from place-to-place, and at some point, I cut out my favorite articles and regrettably tossed the magazines. Well, this little meander down memory lane made me google the magazine and lo-and-behold, I found someone who had them for sale! I jumped on the opportunity to buy 29 issues, all in two binders and I've been waiting (with bated breath) for them to arrive. They got here today, and guess which issue was the very first one one on top? YES, the Hoya issue! And it was loose in the binder, so when I perused the rest of them, I also found another one in the binder, in its rightful spot! What are the chances that the one issue I got two of would be the Hoya issue?! I love it when fate plays with me!

So who here remembers this lovely magazine?...

Denise in Omaha

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County
More Discussions