Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amelianz

Help me ID my hoya please :)

amelianz
11 years ago

HI all,
I have in the last few years inherited two Hoyas from my deceased grandma, one of which I quickly identified as carnosa (pretty sure ;) and have just had to transplant it as it was seemingly becoming hollow and brittle on some stems to roots and generally unhappy. I have cuttings and feel it should bounce back. My inherited house plants have seen me go mad with house plant and now specifically Hoya fever :S

BUT this photo is of my thinner leafed, charcoal/black w crimson inside flowered Hoya! I have just got hooked on the forum and was trying to find out if it was 'Black dragon'? because it certainly is black! I am not sure whether certain spears are black w black leaves or they turn green later, I think there is a mix of that going on? Its really going for it now its summer ( I live in NZ and it is kept inside beside a window) I have moved it into slightly more shade as I think the sun was starting to burn it! Three clusters of flowers and two more buds on the way. My grandma would have had this darker one for at least 10 years probably longer. Mum said the Carnosa is probably older than me (haha 25) :D

Sorry the photo is so bad, no camera atm. Hopefully you guys can help me :)
Kind regards,
Amelia :)

Comments (2)