Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Hoya obscura? Does anyone know where I can get one?

meyermike_1micha
11 years ago

Hello Hoya lovers and I hope every one is well!

I was hoping that I could find this particular plant, but I have been searching for days and have come up with nothing.

Does anyone know where I can get one for my Aunt who is dealing with cancer?
Is there any website I may not be aware of?

Thanks a bunch!

Mike

Comments (16)

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Gardino's has it available.

Or Joni has a number of obscura collections as well as obscura crosses available in cuttings or potted.

I'm sure there are others too. It's a pretty common Hoya.

Sorry to hear about your aunt. :( I hope the Hoya encourages her.

This post was edited by greedyghost on Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 22:20

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Sorry about your Aunt Mike.

Isn't it too cold to ship plants now to us in the NorthEast?

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

I had a lot of plants shipped to me from SRQ last winter, on many different dates, and they were all fine. Most of them didn't even require heat packs. Obviously you don't want to pick the most cold and bitter days to ship plants, and there is more risk than during the summer. But it's very doable.

That said, Joni is holding my current package until next weekend, because right now it IS too cold everywhere.

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Where in the country are you GG, I can't tell?

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Karen.

I think I will hold off. It never occurred to me since it has been in the 40's and 50's for quite some time. But it is supposed to be in the 30's for a majority of the days starting tomorrow. Much appreciated.

Thank you Greedyghost. I appreciate the info..I will definitely get one from her since she has a great reputation when the time is right.

And thank you for your kinds words for my Aunt:-) It will make her days if she stays ok and can finally enjoy one.

Mike

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

I live in Omaha, like Denise. I moved here a couple years ago, from Minneapolis. ^_~

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Just curious thanks GG, especially in the context of being too cold to ship plants to where you are or not.

Serious cold kicked in to NYC today, 30s, w/ windchill in 20s. I've been sick so stayed in today playing w/ plants, cleaning up lots of pots, quilting, & then OOPS!!

My Bldg's alternate energy sources (generators) pooped out at 7:30 pm. Too early to sleep so I came all the way outside to find Internet to play. No more Hoyas for me 'til Spring I think -- Happy Holidays everybody!!

• mrlike2u
    11 years ago

Ive got 6 - 10 UN-rooted cuttings, one or both rooted splits that fill two hanging 3 inch baskets. And lastly only about 100 +/- leaves that shed from splitting and re-potting.

Best case: you take all of them off my hands. Worse case is the C&S club hoya fans fight over them in Jan...

Yes Mike I think you might be able to still get one locally too but if your going to look drive into Maynard Rte 20

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wes..Where?

You certainly know how to find the stuff I am looking for.lol
    Great job on the rooting process. Not bad:-)

Karen, I hope what ever it is you feel better. Sheesh, one problem after another for you"=(
    Happy Holiday's to you and everyone else too.

I really despise this cold. If I could afford to move to the south, I would.Wes, snow tomorrow night.

Mike

• mrlike2u
    11 years ago

Rte 20 Russel's Garden they also have Hindu Rope in the cactus area but go far right side of the same main house where you'll see more Hindu and look upwards.

Because it's you Mike It's the return trip to the register I worry about as you'll have to pass a few orchids and some citrus.... no critiques Okay ? LOL

Have a safe and Merry

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Mr L2u,

Is that last plant shown supposed to be Obscura?

Am confused why it's posted on here, looks like DS-70/Tsangii, not Obscura (which I thought was the topic of the thread).

• mrlike2u
    11 years ago

Not DS-70/Tsangii, at all

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Then what is it pls, is it supposed to be Obscura (as it doesn't look like it)?

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

It looks like a nummularioides to me.

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I got one and thank you everyone!

Joni at SRQ sent a beauty to me and I am so excited. Thanks again.

MIke

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

I'm so happy it worked out! Best wishes to your aunt.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio
More Discussions