Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: hostas and other plants

Posted by dian57 M-H Valley NY-5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 1, 04 at 6:58

I collect hostas. Love them. Can't get enough of them. I'm pretty disgusted with the price of priority postage, however. I'm looking for someone relatively local who would like to trade with me; I'm in Maybrook. The hostas that I'm actively seeking are Remember Me, Fragrant Bouquet, Sagae, Striptease, Tatoo, Stained Glass, any minis or dwarfs and anything not already on my list. Let me know if you're interested. Here's my list:

Vinca minor ground cover (periwinkle)
Ajuga-bugleweed
Heucherra-Raspberry Ice
Purple Palace
Dales Strain
Ebony & Ivory
Can Can
Splendens
Ferns----Autumn
Japanese Painted
Hosta- Abba Dabba Do
Abiqua Moonbeam
Abiqua Drinking Gourd
Fortunei "Aureomarginata"
fortunei Albopicta
Allan P. McConnell
August Moon
Baby Bunting
Blue Angel
Blue Cadet
Blue Danube
Blue Wedgewood
Christmas Tree
Choo Choo Train
Crowned imperial
Crusader
Diamond Tiara
Drummer Boy
DuPage Delight
Elegans
Elvis Lives
Fire & Ice
Francee
Frances Williams
Fried Green Tomatoes
Gold Edger
Gold Standard
Ginko Craig
Golden Tiara
Golden Scepter
Guacamole
Guardian Angel
Hadspen Blue
Halcyon
Honeybells
Hyacinthia
Iron Gate Delight
June
Kirkutii
Krossa Regal
Lakeside Black Satin
Lancifolia
Lemon Lime
Metallica
Moerheim
Montana
Love Pat
Patriot
Pauls Glory
Peedee Laughing River
Pilgrim
Plantiginea
Platinum Tiara
Queen Josephine
Regal Splendor
Sagae
Stiletto
So Sweet
Sum & Substance
Sun Power
Tiny Tears
Tokudama "flavo-circinalis"
Twilight
Univitta
Wolverine

FULL SUN
Sedums-hot pink/red, white, yellow/green, Autumn Joy
Prickly pear cactus--blooms a waxy yellow tulip-shaped bloom
Gaillardia-dwarf, blanket flower
Yucca
Daylilies-large yellow, large pink, small peach, small mahogany with an orange stripe down throat
Wisteria
Peony-one solid white, one solid pink from an historic garden dating to the 1700s

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: hostas and other plants

Diane...I just saw this post and would LOVE to trade with you in the spring!!! I just stared a very large shade garden and I want most of it to be hostas. I just ordered some from hostafarm.com and they are beautiful, but I want more. I'm going to start working on a trade list and I'll post it as soon as it's ready. Lisa

o
RE: HAVE: Hostas and other plants

Diane-Me again. After going through your list again I realized that the only hosta I have that you don't are:
Paradigm, Pizzazz, Aristocrat, Fan Dance and Mr. Big. Unfortunately I just planted all of these very late this summer so, I doubt they'll be very big next spring. How long do you have to wait before you can divide them? I do have tons of other perinneals that I could trade.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from New York are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here