Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snow, snow, snow.....

Posted by oldroser z5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 23, 06 at 11:21

Yesterday the snowdrops were in bud. today they're buried under 8" of snow and more is coming down. Never a dull moment!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snow, snow, snow.....

A friend of mine used to say:
"Don't like the weather? this is the Hudson Valley, wait 20 minutes".

I'm glad my peonies got tucked back in bed.

o
RE: Snow, snow, snow.....

I'm always amazed that every year about this time, people start talking about this odd, warm weather, global warming, what a shame, and all the negatives that come with it.

These winter thaws have been a yearly treat for as long as I can remember. Instead of people lamenting the bad stuff attached with it, I'd love to hear them say, "Wow, what a gorgeous day! I spent the whole day hiking, gardening, biking, etc." You'd think they could find some good in it. I look at it as a vacation to another climate for a day or two. LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here