Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
current activity

Posted by candyinpok 5b or 6, NY (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 21, 10 at 12:38

I haven't been visiting garden forums for a while, but I'm interested in finding a forum where discussions are relevant to my location and where members are participating. I'm making a seed starting chart, trying to for once organize myself. I'm also trying to decide what to do about growing tomatoes this year as I don't feel I can continue using my one and only 4x10 fenced bed. The sunshine yesterday and today has really woken me up. Just curious about what's happening in the Hudson Valley.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: current activity

Hi candyinpok,

I poke my nose in here every once in a while but Things are pretty slow. I think it's the lack of sunlight.
Have you been to the winter sowing forum lately? Things are always jumping there. And a lot of us are from NY and cold and warm zones.
It's a really nice bunch. warm and welcoming.
Hope to see ya there
:) Laura
P.S.
sorry, but I just had to bump those 2 old post. It was getting depressing.

o
RE: current activity2

OOPs forgot to post the link.

:)Laura

Here is a link that might be useful: winter sowing forum

o

Hi candyinpok! If I am interpreting your user name correctly, I think you are not too far from me, I'm in Northern Westchester.
Things ARE slow in this forum!
About your tomato dilemma, can you try growing some determinates in pots? Assuming you don't want to, or can't, make yourself another raised bed. I'm going all out this year, building 8 new 4x4 beds. Planning sort of a potager design for them, combining mostly edibles with a few flowers and lots of herbs, along with blueberries along one perimeter. I have some seedlings started and under grow lights in my basement right now, as well as some that haven't yet germinated. Just moving at very slow speed right now, especially with today's slushy snow mess.

o

I'm thinking about finding where I put the seed catalogs so that I can start thinking about what to order.

o

LOL...motivated much, nygardener? ;)
If nothing else, I'm glad I started my parsley when I did. I had forgotten how tediously slow it was since I haven't been able to garden for the past 2 years.

o

As we get closer to spring this forum will hopefully perk up.
I am certainly itching to get outside and start gardening! AND to move all these plants outside!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here