Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
snow day

Posted by auntyara 5a (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 25, 10 at 13:50

I'm so sick of this stuff.
2/25/10 2/25/10
I didn't like these over grown privets any way.
:)Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: snow day

today's shot of those privets. also a bump from the top.lol.
Photobucket

o

Nice photos! I too am SO SICK of this crap.

o

Thanks tommyr,
ME TOO!!!
LOL

o

spring is in 17 days!!!!!

o

Oh God, we had sooooo much damage from this storm. Yours actually looks like a similar amount of snow (we got about 30" all told from Thursday night through Friday). Hopefully you didn't have any really bad losses!

o

thanks nycynthias,

we got between 3or 4 feet.
I'll find out what the damages are come the thaw. We never lost power thank goodness. How did you do?

o

WOW 3 or 4 FEET?? Ours was very heavy and wet, as yours probably was as well, so we had tons of trees down and we lost power for 5 days. What fun, shlepping to a hotel in a blizzard with 20 month old twins, two 100 pound dogs, my husband, my Dad, and me.
We lost an amazing mature Jap Maple, a newish 10' blue spruce, several (much hated) hemlocks, and many branches off our several hundred year old maples. Thank God nothing came down on the house or barn, though our cars got some dings and light damage from the branches and we have some fence damage. Not to mention the fact that three of the hemlocks came down across the driveway. Ugh. What a mess! Even my Korean Spice Viburnum got a good spanking, but I think with a light pruning it will be OK.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here