not up yet but watch for it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Northern Dutchess Botanical Gardens

The site is now up!

Here is a link that might be useful: Northern Dutchess Botanical Gardens

o

I'm looking forward to their opening, thanks for the info. I haven't been in a couple of years so it will be fun.

o

They are opening April 23rd and the site can be accessed at www.ndbgonline.com

o

Looks like April 28th this year ...

o

I was just there this week, for the first time. How have I not visited this place till now? It's wonderful!

They have a lot of different cultivars to choose from, annuals, perennials, shrubs, veggies, and the greenhouses are open to wander through, to see the process. Plants that can go outdoors now are outside and others are in greenhouses. Chatting with the workers was very enjoyable, too.

My only complaints were no porta potty set up yet, high prices, and plants labeled perennial which are NOT in this area.

Worth the trip!

o

I was there last week to get tomato plants and the portapotty is in place. Lots of stuff out and more coming but I settled for three varieties of tomatoes including Stupice (extra early), Supersonic (my favorite big red) and Kellogg's breakfast ( orange with superb flavor).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here