Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where do you buy your mulch in Orange county?

Posted by auntyara 5a (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 18, 11 at 16:29

I need to order about 10yrds of pine bark mulch to use as part of Al's mix. Fines would be best but I can't find anyone who sells them. And what do you think is a good price per yrd. thanks
Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where do you buy your mulch in Orange county?

Check with Orange County Masonry Supply. I can't find my price sheet from last season, and they don't list specific mulch info on the website. Great company, had good prices and very reasonable delivery charges, comparatively, last year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Orange County Masonry Supply

o
RE: using al's mix

...and what are your plans for the mix?!

o

Thanks,
I called them and they said they don't have pine bark fines but game me a lead where to get them. Still searching. :) I've called a few places it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Plenty down south, not around here. I might switch to triple shredded pine bark.
I need the fines to grow out container plants. LOTS of container plants.
I started my own nursery a few years ago and now it's time to pot things up.
wanna help? lol
:) Laura

o

I thought your volume sounded like a more than a few pots! I would totally come help (it would make a great blog post for Hudson Valley Garden Journal!), but I've got more going on than usual this spring. Actually, it's the usual insane amount of spring work, but less physical ability...baby #1 on the way in a few months and I'm not up to my normal speed. Please post pics and progress on your potting project, would love to see.

o

aawwwh:) baby #1!!! so exciting!!!
gosh I feel like I should be offering to help you! lol Best wishes on your new (soon to be) bundle of joy :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here