Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
auntyara

Hello I know it's still winter but........

auntyara
14 years ago

Spring is only a few weeks away.

Any lurkers out there? I have my favorite sites I go to, But I'd really like to talk to some one closer.

Just tell me you're here. OK? I don't care if you're a lurker like me. Just say "Hi" just a "hi" won't hurt.

thanks

:)Laura

Comments (8)

• daylilyfanatic4
    14 years ago

Hello, I live in the lower hudson valley. I don't spend much time on this particular forum (mostly on the tomato forum). The real reason I never post much here is that the forum is kind of dead but if people are here I'll stick around.

• auntyara
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi daylilyfanatic,

I live in orange county.
    I'm usually on the winter sowers forum. This thread is pretty dead.lol. I grow tomatoes too but last year we got that stupid blyte I grew from seed and still got it. I've been gardening for 15+ years but mostly flowers.
    I saw this on the internet not my site.

Here is a link that might be useful: daylily sale

• nycynthias
    14 years ago

Hi! I'm reading, such as it is ;)
    Just to keep this on the gardening topic, I was shocked to see that the seedlings I had starting under lights in the basement actually LIVED through 5 days without power. Woo! You go, little strong seedlings!
    I also grow tomatoes, but *blush* I have always bought starts of heirlooms from Burpee. This year is my first attempt at any tomatoes from seed--I have two little green zebra seedlings that look nice and healthy at the moment.
    I also just discovered winter sowing, so you might see me around there too!

• auntyara
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OMG!
    I guess this thread answered the last ones question.
    5 days and no power! I would have flipped lol
    see ya on the W.S. forum too.

• lmw845
    14 years ago

I have always lurked this forum and was enthusiastic when it got started. I guess the folks who campaigned to get it started had departed by the time it was up and running? I'd try to help a revive if others join in.

• auntyara
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lm845,
    I like the post you made calender of local events.
    I would have post on it But then it would have gotten knocked off the top.

• magpie_grower
    14 years ago

I am new to the forum thing but I love gardening! A friend gave me the gardening bug about 3 years ago; now IÂm hooked!

About 12 days ago I was surfing the net and found someone talking about winter sowing. I asked myself, "What is this winter sowing?" My searches lead me to wintersown.org and the gardenweb.com. I am happy that there are people in my area who are willing to share their knowledge and experiences. I look forward to helping breath new life into the HV Forum.

By the way, in the past 10 days I have WS 52 containers at my house, 34 at a friendÂs house and 7 at school with my student. I will sow more as soon as they bring in the milk containers. IÂm hooked.

I already have sprouts in:

Painted Daisy
    Three different lettuces
    Bachelors Buttons
    Portulaca

• Chrissy Chris
    14 years ago

I'm in Newburgh!
    I have a yahoo group that I started in order to share garden excess...like a freecycle thing. Most summers, I have zucchini coming out of my ears. IF you're interested - it's called HVFC-group I'd post the link, but somebody seems to think it's a spam/business link.

I just finished rebuilding my chicken coop, and will plant next week

Sponsored