Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
accordian_gw

Tree ID: pink flowers blooming now!

accordian
18 years ago

Wish I had a picture of this tree but I left my camera somewhere (probably right in my house) and can't find it.

These trees seem to grow wild as I have not seen them planted in anything like a purposeful manner in anyone's garden. There are several small ones in the woods near the power lines and there is one growing near my driveway shaded by some evergreens that is about 30' high. It is in bloom right now before the tree leafs out. The flowers are small (1/2" across) and pink, fading more to white and seem to grow right from the branch rather than hanging down from it. There are five separate petels to the flower and the center is yellowish. The trunks seem to like to lean rather alarmingly (the one near my driveway has a trunk that takes an abrupt turn so that it extends almost horizontally to the ground) and branches grow from low down on the main trunk. It is not a halesia and it is not a dogwood that I can tell. It is definitely not one of the ornamental cherries or crabapples or magnolias.

Can anyone tell me what it is?

Comments (9)

Sponsored