Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomatoes planted on Monday

Posted by oldroser z5 (My Page) on
Fri, May 26, 06 at 6:41

were: 12 Supersonic, 4 Stupice, 4 Big Rainbow, 4 Opalka and two Kelloggs Breakfast. Still to go in 3 Sungold. The stakes are in and they are ringed with fertilizer so all we need now is warm weather. Last year Stupice ripened its first tomato on July 15th so I'm hoping it's going to be six weeks to the first bright red fruit. Stupice is small, just great for eating out of hand while working in the garden.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomatoes planted on Monday

That's quite a collection! I've had my two plants in (one red Brandywine, one green Zebra) for a little over a week and am keeping fingers crossed. This certainly seems like tomato weather.

My two little gooseberry bushes set fruit about a month ago and seem to be ripening nicely. Strawberries are flowering. Nothing yet on the blackberries, though they've leafed out nicely. Basil doesn't look too happy with the recent cool weather; I hope it perks up now. Lettuce and chard are doing great if they don't bolt in the heat! French sorrel, salad burnet, and chives are already flowering. Most of the seeds I put out a couple of weeks ago to take advantage of the wet weather have sprouted, so I'm hoping for a nice late crop of Tuscan kale and large-leaf basil. May put in some beans before I declare the garden full up for the season.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here