Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heirloom tomatoes at Phantom Gardener

Posted by oldroser z5 (My Page) on
Fri, May 14, 04 at 15:19

in Rhinebeck. They have a nice assortment at $2.50 each including Cherokee Purple, Brandywine, Mortgage Lifter, Bucks County, Striped German, etc. Look for tomatoes labeled 'organic.' Don't think they are really organic but somehow they have confused heirloom with organic.
Also a great assortment of perennials and some good looking lavender plants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heirloom tomatoes at Phantom Gardener

Any antique roses?

o
RE: Heirloom tomatoes at Phantom Gardener

Hi!

Those little tomatoes there at PG come from Mcinroe nursery over towards millerton -- they have a whole greenhouse full of them and i'm pretty sure they are organic; Mcinroe also does organic bagged compost and potting soil and such. It's a REALLY nice place with really nice people and a good selection of other vegetables and flowers (the vegetable plants at phantom gardener in fiber pots come from mcinroe, i'm pretty sure -- i asked about the tomatoes last week).

They don't have the sheer amounts of stuff Phantom Gardener does (i'm not sure about the antique roses) but i'll bet they have more tomato varieties there, as well as a lot of nice eggplant and pepper starts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here