Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jayco_gw

This weather-- UGH!

jayco
16 years ago

Just wanted to complain.... it's TOO DARN HOT for May!

Comments (9)

• yng_grdnr
    16 years ago

It is hot, but I'm enjoying it. I'd rather the heat than the snow. but that's just me. Plus I get to be outside in my garden and/or pool.

• jayco
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, I'm the type who relishes those lovely spring days in the 60's and low 70's, so I'm hankering for a few more of those. Plus with the summer-like weather all my flowers are blooming too early and too fast!

• playsinthedirt20
    16 years ago

I'm with you, jayco,

It's too darn hot! Everything is blooming, then dying back too quickly. (But there's no global warming)

Thankfully, today was only in the high-70's and overcast, so I got a lot of work done in the yard. And now we're getting some much needed, steady-soaking rain. I set up my rain barrels and hopefully won't have to run the hose for at least a month. (I'm not big on the concept of lawns)

The weather has been weird, though.

• bklyn2pok
    16 years ago

So I'm not imagining the early blooming season! I'm not used to being home on a daily basis, I knew something didn't feel right - but then again some of my irises were blooming in December!!

We're supposed to get a little more rain today which will be good. I only water the garden beds when necessary - the lawn is on it's own!

• jayco
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nope, you're not imagining it. Most of the stuff that ought to be in bloom now has already blasted through its blooming, and the bloom time was much shorter than usual. The average daytime highs in our area for this time of year should be in the mid-70's. Sounds awfully cool compared to what we've been seeing, doesn't it?

• playsinthedirt20
    16 years ago

Yes, it does! Today was really nice, though. It actually got too chilly to sit outside in the garden towards sunset. But at the rate this season has been going, I'm expecting to see fireflies any day now!

• jayco
    Original Author
    16 years ago

We've been seeing fireflies here in Ulster county for at least a week now.

• nygardener
    16 years ago

I just pulled up most of my lettuce  all but a few varieties are turning bitter and getting ready to bolt.

• corapegia
    16 years ago

And now it's too darn hot for July! Well, actually, it's not so much the heat as the humidity. Great weather for powdery mildew, and the several kinds of bugs that love to bite when you try to weed anything.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH