Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HVIDS memebers garden tour

Posted by klavier z5/6 SNY (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 05 at 20:04

Many memebers of the Hudson Valley Iris and Daylily Society will have their gardens open to viewers on Saturday May 28th. This is the projected peak tall bearded iris bloom though many iris are already in bloom. My gardens will also be on the tour for anyone who would like to stop by during the day and visit.
Werner J Stiegler
999 Beekman Rd Hopewell JCT NY 12533
Check out map quest for specific directions. Vaguely:
Taconic Hopewell JCT Beekman RD Exit, head toward route 55
My house is the first driveway on the left past Martin Rd which is about five minutes in going the speed limit.
Colonial with natural cedar siding up on a hill, black mail box. Log fence bordering the woods.
Hope to meet some of you if you can make it!
Maybe we can even make this into a hudson valley swap!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HVIDS memebers garden tour

Are most of the gardens in the Hopewell area?

o
RE: HVIDS memebers garden tour

Most are on this side of the bridge. The club president lives not far away off noxon rd. His gardens are incedible, though almost entirely iris. I can't grow just one type of plant. I have lots blooming. Check the garden photo gallery and check for the thread "Ton'O pictures" for a preview. I know last year the albany club members had their gardens open same day, so every one came down here and then went up there. There is quite a lot to see and because these are private gardens that are only open one day of the year, many people are never exposed to the incredible posibilities.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here