Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A visit to Story's in Freehold, NY

Posted by oldroser z5 (My Page) on
Wed, May 21, 08 at 20:30

Up on Route 32 in the Catskill's. I was there last month when nothing was out and settled for a variegated cornus mas. This trip I got perennials.
They had tree peonies at very reasonable prices for tree peonies, that is - quite a few for $26.95. And some yellow ones to die for.
Starter perennials at very reasonable prices and the cost of the bigger ones wasn't all that bad.
And, finally, a gold leaved spirea with white flowers.
And while you're there - try the Mountainview Brasserie further up Route 32. Truly great food.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A visit to Story's in Freehold, NY

I just did the same trip last Friday (it was raining so we couldn't work..too muddy) and ate at the Brasserie. I was glad to learn of the restaurant from one of the Storeys' clerks.. it's run by the same people who had the Freehold Inn at the turnoff for Storeys and had closed at the end of 2006. I had wondered what had happened to them. I bought most of my tomatoes, melon starts etc, the things I had always bought from Evergreen, back south of Cairo on routhe 32. I was sad to see they had closed, they grew perfect starts, always stocky and well grown, never leggy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here