Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hello, Wondering if anyone would help me.

Posted by Cannaluver z7 Tx (cannaluver@aol.com) on
Mon, May 10, 04 at 23:28

I am looking for someone to purchase some canna plants for me from Loomis Creek Nursery, Inc. 29 Van Deusen Rd. Hudson, NY 12534 . They have some plants I cant get hear in Texas where I live. They say they will be ready by memorial day. I need someone to purchase them and mail them to me. I will pay for the plants and the shipping. And I could send you a plant for your trouble. They dont do mail order. And I would love to add these to my collection. Please consider helping me.
Thank you,
Sylvia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hello, Wondering if anyone would help me.

The problem is going to be that these aren't going to be tubers but plants in pots and shipping is going to be both difficult and incredibly expensive. Did you ask them where they got their tubers? Have you tried asking on the bulb forum? I'm hoping to get up to Loomis Creek though I'm not sure if it is going to be feasible after Memorial Day when the rose season cuts in.

o

If they are in a pot, All you have to do is wash the soil off and cut the foliage off and wrap in Newspaper with the tag and mail them. Wont cost that much that way. The cannas thay have that I want are impossible to find. I would do just about anything to get them. If anyone would help please.
Thank you,
Sylvia

o

Well, ask Loomis Creek to save them for you. And, life being the way it is, I would want you to pay Loomis Creek for them direct which they will probably want anyway to hold them. And then you can send me the postage money after you get them. I will try to get up there the first week in June but June is an awfully busy month up here.
And I need to know your address, of course.

o

I emailed Hudson Creek, To ask if this is ok with them to pre pay for the cannas. Email me at Cannaluver@aol.com. so I can send you my mailing address. I cant thank you eneough for helping me get these cannas.
Sylvia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here