Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First ripe tomato

Posted by oldroser z5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 24, 06 at 21:20

is Stupice. Planted 5/20 and picked this morning, Nine days later than last year due to cloudy, wet weather. But it sure was worth the wait!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First ripe tomato

Wow, I have tons of green ones, but no red. Congratulations and enjoy. I'm actually ahead of all my previous years though. I'm not a good tomato grower. By the way I'm just getting the last of the sugar snap peas. They really lasted.

o

Candy. I can't recommend Stupice too highly. It's about the size of a golf ball, red, great flavor and very, very early. And it keeps showering you with tomatoes until frost. Northern Dutchess Botanical Gardens had plants this spring.
My sugar snaps ended July 1st and I just planted cukes in their place. String beans have survived rabbit and are blooming. Garlic and elephant garlic is harvested.

o

That sounds great. I can't find my stakes right now. Some of my plants I actually started from seed this year and I just harvested my first ones. Cherry and plumb. The beefsteak, or whatever they are, aren't red yet. My cherries (although they may actually be grape) were delicious! I love them and eat them like candy until they quit coming. I actually did a much better job this year than last but I could still get more serious I think.

I'll look out for Stupice for next year's trial.

Candis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here