Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NDBG closing August 31 until next year

Posted by oldroser z5 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 24, 06 at 18:03

Was at Northern Dutchess Botanical Gardens last weekend, filling in a few bare spots in my garden with some flowering plants (cheating, but it looks good!). They are closing the end of this month to reopen next spring.
I asked about heirloom tomatoes and he is going to have all the ones he offered this year plus some others. I am extremely pleased with Kellogg's Breakfast - a very tasty orange beafsteak and was glad to hear that I'll be able to grow it again in 2007.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NDBG closing August 31 until next year

Are they open to anyone ? I thought I recalled a post somewhere that you had to be some type of member to gain access to NDBG end-of-season sales - anything to that ?

Thanks,
Philomena

o

yes they are open to anyone, I highly recommend this place, I have never been disappointed. Make sure you go when you have time to browse the greenhouses, you never know what you are going to find.

o

No end of season sale this year at all - and no memberships. If you call ahead there could be someone there but officially they're closed until spring.
They are planning on having more heirloom tomatoes next spring. I'm especially pleased with the Kellogg's Breakfast I got from them - a giant golden tomato just bursting with flavor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here