Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hard neck garlic

Posted by aiaral z5NY (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 3, 06 at 11:10

Does anyone know where I can buy locally grown garlic in the area without having to go to the garlic festival? I'm in Wappingers and would rather not have to drive to far.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hard neck garlic

I don't know what variety but Wallkill View farm in New Paltz had locally grown garlic a couple of weeks ago when I was there and Stone Ridge orchards also had some last weekend. I wonder if Adams in Poughkeepsie has any. Are you looking for any particular variety?

o

Thanks for the reply. I did manage to find some at a local apple farm. They did not grow it themselves but it came from some farm across the river. 89 cents a head and real large cloves. Plenty to cook with and some for planting in October.

o

The garlic farm around the corner from me went out of business so I'm pleased that my crop this year gave me enough to plant as well as use. Also got enough elephant garlic.
Most of the health food stores stock locally grown garlic and most are the hard neck kinds that thrive up here. Also they aren't treated to prevent sprouting so you can be sure they'll make good seed garlic.

o

Most of the weekend farmers' markets seem to have it, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here