Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deer ticks are back

Posted by oldroser z5 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 9, 05 at 15:41

In the past week I've had two bites and picked another four off before they sank their teeth in. One thing about the dry weather was no ticks and I'm not all that happy having to be covered with Deet when I go out. My latest excursion was just to dump the compost and fill the bird feeders and two tiny ticks were crawling on my slacks when I returned.
My pooch has Frontline - I wish they'd invent something like that for humans!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deer ticks are back

I've been wearing my calf-high rubber boots to go out in the yard lately. I've seen what Lyme can do to my friends. I throw all my clothes in the washer at the end of every day and shower before I get into bed each night. An ounce of prevention as they say. I remember walking barefoot in the grass and drinking water from the mountain streams. Life sure has changed.

o

When we were kids there were no deer ticks but there were chiggers. Wonder what happened to them? Not that I want them back.

o

All the chiggers packed up and moved to the top of the cliffs in the Gunks. Even with DEET, every time I go climbing while it's even a little damp and sit at the top while my partner comes up, they bite a nice ring around my waist. Itch like the devil for a week or so but I'll take them over Lyme any day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here