Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
container fruit trees-too late to plant? Overwinter?

Posted by calamityjane none (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 21:45

I planned on eventually having a variety of fruit trees, brambles,grape,blueberries. Well, I purchased an end of the year nursery clean out deal that was too good to pass up. Now I have everything all at once. Nothing is ready because it wasn't planned on, and I don't have sufficient knowledge about all the different crops. How long can we wait to put trees, grapes and berries in here in the hudson valley? And, is overwintering in an unheated building a good option to give us a few more months to figure things out?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: container fruit trees-too late to plant? Overwinter?

Post on the Fruit and Orchards forum, which sees way more traffic than this one.

My feeling is you should plant, or at least heel in, everything ASAP -- but they will know better over there.

Hope you protect it all from critters whatever you do! Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here