Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snow!!!

Posted by klavier z5/6 SNY (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 12, 04 at 21:16

This isn't happening.This isn't happening.This isn't happening.This isn't happening.This isn't happening.This isn't happening.This isn't happening.
Sorry momentary panic. For the next four to five months I will be staring at nothing but death in the garden, and I still have bulbs I haven't gotten to yet. Hope it warms up and I can get them in the ground. Where is global warming when you need it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snow!!!

Haha, yup...First snow last night.

I have to say I love the cold parts of the season, as well as the growing season. From October to New years is my favorite time of the year. And yes, I still have bulbs myself to plant.

o

This just plain stinks! I haven't winter protected my roses yet and now they are all covered with this white garbage. I have about 3 inches out there, please melt quick. It is WAY too early for this, it really caught us all by surprise.

o

I don't even know where this year has gone! Yesterday it was supposed to be raining all day but we had hail, sleet, and snow from 10 a.m. on.

I'm not ready for it!

o

I had gotten in bags of cedar mulch to protect the roses - bags are still stacked, covered with snow and frozen.
On the other hand, when I looked out the other morning at that depressing drizzle, I said I'd really rather have snow and Lo and behold! an hour later it was snowing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here