Return to the Hudson Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
free suet for birds

Posted by oldroser z5 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 5, 05 at 10:47

All three Adams stores give out free suet if you ask. Just corner one of the people in the meat department and make the request. And it isn't just woodpeckers that go for it -I notice the chickadees and titmice also appreciate it. I cut it into chunks to fit the cages and then freeze it so there is always have a supply on hand.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: free suet for birds

Suet gets eaten in my yard, by the mammals. They climb the trees and rip apart the netting or try to pull down the metal suet cages. So I stopped using it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hudson Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here