Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Feeder action

Posted by mbrowne 9b Central CA (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 30, 12 at 15:13

Not much action lately here in central california. Then I caught this one at the feeder:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Feeder action

What is it?

o

Heh. Not sure what it is, but it's the first time I've seen a non-hummingbird hover like that to get sugar water from a hummingbird feeder :) They are pretty agile - I've seen them sort of hovering to catch insects too.

o

It looks like a hummingbird to me!!

o

* Posted by christy2828 7b on Wed, Feb 8, 12 at 13:13

It looks like a hummingbird to me!!
===
It does! Dunno if it's the same one or not, but here's a better shot from yesterday. Anybody else get non-hummers doing this?

o

Wow!! It's not a hummer!! Shoot, the feet are the giveaway in the first pic, I didn't even notice them. Now with the bill it certainly is not!! Please post this on the bird forum, you'll get an answer there! I'm on the east coast and my book is east coast. I look forward to seeing the answer, that is one cute bird!!! Christy :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here