Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Come on! Share your best hummingbird pics of 2012!

Posted by Eric580 6a (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 2, 13 at 20:06

Hello Everyone! Since 2012 was my first year hummingbird gardening and a great birding year for us all let's celebrate! Show your pictures of hummingbirds in your garden. Here is a picture I took on a warm July day while a robin was eating in background as the female ruby throated hummer drank. I hope you enjoy and happy NEW YEAR!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Come on! Share your best hummingbird pics of 2012!

all I have is a blurry shot, taken through dog-drool spotted window, so I won't subject anyone to that mess. I sure love looking at the pics others take, your is nice Eric. I like the robin up front, too.

Happy New Year to all my hummingbird friends, I can't wait for warm weather & the return of the hummers to Detroit! Hoping 2013 is a good year to all, and for the hummers.

o

Please share the picture jomuir! I just finished planting some dormant plants I got for Christmas since there was a thaw today.

o

This is the best hummingbird pic I took, a female ruby throat at an agastashe rupestris.

Female Ruby Throated hummingbird 8-8-12

Karen

o

Awww! How precious!

o

I went to Costa Rica in 2012. Hummer paradise!

o

and another :)

o

I wish I could remember the names of them. Here we are currently hosting three Anna hummingbirds who are enduring freezing temperatures. My feeders are very busy. And I just realised that these pics were supposed to be in my garden.Well, I wish I lived there and it was my garden! :)

This post was edited by janalyn on Thu, Jan 10, 13 at 20:59

o

Maybe not my best but interesting.

Photobucket

o

Wow! Hummingbirds are truly beautiful animals. Here are more of my pics. It isn't my best though.

o

The "Sentry" after a rain in southern California.

Here is a link that might be useful: Humbrella DIY

o

Wow! It looks so peaceful! I really like the citrus tree and hummingbird shepherd hook. Here is another hummer in the garden.

o

I think this is a female Ruby Throat, pretty sure this is the only kind of hummingbird we get here in Ontario Canada between April and Sept. This was taken July 2012. She looks very regal, doesn't she?

o

Haha! She does:) How cute.

o

Beautiful pics on this thread! A pleasure to look at. Unfortunately, I rarely get good pics of this little bird. And I didn't get ANY pics in 2012, because I had a new resident hummer this past year who was super hyper. Half the time I would only hear her, and didn't see her, she would buzz by so quickly!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here