Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First official report and dot on the map

Posted by penny1947 z6 WNY (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 27, 07 at 4:46

The first official report came in from a New Orleans bander. She recorded her first adult male in full gorget in Baton Rouge yesterday afternoon. She also had one (banded) at her home in Metarie. There is also a dot on the map for the first Ruby-throated in Houston......SO the MiGRATION HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN!!!!!

Penny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First official report and dot on the map

I got so excited that I posted that the dot was for Houston but the first dot of the season is actually for the adult male that was identified in Baton Rouge La. The report in Houston is still unconfirmed.

Penny

o

Just saw my first RT this year. I reported it...we'll see if it gets counted this year. He came to the Coral Honeysuckel which is loaded with blooms right now. I have to put the feeder up today.

David in Altoona, Florida

o

Congratulations David. Florida is tough to get recongnized as so many hummers do overwinter there. You can also report it to Journey North

Penny

o

It is carzy to hear that anybody HAS ANYTHING IN BLOOM. It is snow covered here in Michigan. It will be for a while. They are actually calling for a storm. But I did notice today that there is a smell of spring in the air. It has been such a crazy year here. My tulips and crocus's were break through in December. I hope they are comfortable under the snow.
I can't wait!

o

I actually have one salvia and lantana in bloom...inside the house...sorry I couldn't resist. The lantana has been blooming for a month but i keep pinching it back and the salvia is on its second wave of blooms after pinching it back in Dec. My abutilon is about to bloom Oh and one cuphea cutting is blooming again too.

Penny

o

David--congrats, but If my memory serves me right they wont confirm the bottom half of florida. Im not sure where altoona is. Good luck.
Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here