Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mark4321_gw

Hummingbird at Half Moon Bay Nursery

mark4321_gw
12 years ago

I ran into a little guy at Half Moon Bay Nursery today. I had seen him (or probably her, someone correct me if wrong).

She lives in the greenhouse there and is fairly unafraid of people. The nest is in a Pothos.

I'm curious about the fuzzy beak. Is it fungal? Or just the consequence of the sticky beak?

I assume living inside a greenhouse inside a nursery is like living at an all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant.

In the local vicinity I saw things that must seem attractive, but I don't know if they are food sources.

A multifloral Paphiopedilum orchid. I didn't look at the tag--I assume this guy is a Paph lowii hybrid of some sort?

A Epidendrum pseudoepidendrum hybrid (again I didn't look at the tag, correct me if I'm wrong). The pothos with the bird nest is in the upper left:

I don't know if she's flown way across the nursery to find this, or not:

However, this plant is also at a nursery, but a fair distance away (Flowerland Nursery) in Albany, CA (near Berkeley):

{{gwi:29478}}

I have not grown this plant before (and it seems I am just learning how to spell it...). However I saw the plant in Berkeley and decided to find it at Half Moon Bay Nursery. They sell a number of Annie's plants, but they didn't have it. Another nursery in the area did (Flora Farm Nursery). A very nice little place I had somehow managed to miss in the past. They gave me a 2 for 1 special on the plant. I have an extra...it needs to find a home fast as it is already big for its 4 inch pot, and starting to grow again...

I'm a bit worried that my post on the vines exchange forum will sit there, as the plant outgrows its pot.

I'm offering the plant for trade, hopefully in combination with other things, including Dahlia imperialis Double White (tree Dahlia). Please click on the link below if you are interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Trade 4 inch Cobaea scandens, double white tree Dahlia, and more

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions