Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Phoebe Site

Posted by ltlhbgrl (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 16, 11 at 12:14

You may all know of this site, but it is amazing and I had to share - it has been my therapy this winter! It is a live web cam of a Channel Island Allen's hummer in CA that the host calls Phoebe. Her 2 latest babies have just flown the nest and she is already building another for the next batch. Find her at phoebeallens .com (with the w w w before and no space before .com - was not sure if sites would post.)

I hope you enjoy it/her as much as I have!! She is just gorgeous.

Here is a link that might be useful: Phoebe Allens Web Cam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Phoebe Site

Thanks for posting the link ltlhbgrl for those who might not be aware - Phoebe's live stream has sustained me now for four yrs.(seasons) until our beloved Ruby-throated hummers return to us once again in the spring!

Actually, Phoebe has refurbished an existing nest in the climbing rosebush. She sometimes re-uses an existing nest -sometimes builds anew - there are currently nine nests in the bush! Guess she was in a hurry this time, as there is already one egg!! First egg was laid yesterday, Feb. 21 @ 9:53 am PST or 12:53 pm EST and we are currently awaiting Egg #2!

I am just so grateful that Bea and Jay have successfully fledged! :)

o

It was wonderful to watch such a successful clutch! I think it's a riot that they have found Mom in her new nest. Not quite ready to cook for themselves? ;)

I hope this next bunch is as healthy. I miss "my" rt's so much in the winter and Phoebe has been a sanity saver this snowy winter.

o

I found the Phoebe web site about a week before Bea and Jay fledged. What a treat to see them fledge! I'm really looking forward to seeing the new babies from eggies to fledge! There are also some owl web cams that are really interesting and fun to watch!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here