Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hummingbird Cam

Posted by tepelus 6a N. Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 26, 12 at 12:26

Came across this the other day, a nest of baby Allen's Hummingbirds. They are so dang cute. Take a look.

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Phoebe Allens WebCam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hummingbird Cam

They're growing up so fast!

Karen

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 4, 12 at 15:19

Pretty entertaining, they look like they are quickly outgrowing that nest -

o

Yup, and they're gone from the nest now, but looks like they're hanging out in the rose bush.

Karen

o

Wed, Mar 7, 12 at 22:00

I saw them today, or at least one of them, Mom was still feeding/tending it outside the nest. I barely got to know them, and they fledged!

Not that I needed anything else distracting me, at the other end of the scale, I'm hopelessly addicted to this one for the last two years....first egg should be within the next approximate week :) Mom and Dad have been at the nest remodeling, hanging out a lot the last few weeks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cam about 100 miles NE of me

o

I've been watching the Decorah Iowa eagle cam for the past month or so. Mom and dad have three egglets. The first should be due to hatch around the 23rd of this month.

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Decorah eagle cam

o

Yes Ive been watching Phoebes clutches for a few years now. And yes shes at it again preparing the nest for another clutch as I type. It helps fill the time till hummers return here again.

o

Sat, Mar 10, 12 at 14:49

Karen, much earlier there, wonder why that is when our climate is more mild. Last year the first egg was laid at Lake Washington on 3-13, I was still watching eaglets (2) practicing flying, branching, in August.

And I did notice Phoebe is building a second nest. I've been wondering if food is plentiful enough here that our winter residents (annas) are nesting or beginning to. They are still coming the the feeders several times a day, but this week they don't seem to be guarding, watching, the feeders where I can find them at almost any daylight hour perched someplace in my backyard. More like they are dashing in to eat, then leaving for periods before returning again - going where, I don't know.

o

• Posted by edie_h 5bNY (Finger Lakes) (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 31, 12 at 23:13

Phoebe has two new babies as of today. :-)

I've also been glued to another nestcam, this one's red-tailed hawks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hawk Cam

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here