Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ruby-throat migration has begun!

Posted by tom123 z9 Fl. (tbyrnes@cfl.rr.com) on
Wed, Feb 27, 08 at 15:22

Check out the migration map. They are here! You can start counting the days until they reach your house. Apparently they are a little early this year.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ruby-throat migration has begun!

That's great news!!! Last year, a pair arrived here in WTN on Mar 31, which is about a week earlier than average. Another 4 weeks, maybe...

o

Yippeee. We are still under 2 feet of snow here in West Michigan so tell them not to hurry. I usually don't get them 'till the end of April and even then there is not really much natural food for them. Glad I came and checked in. I will be on the lookout for early arrivals and be ready with my feeders.

o

I'm waiting with excitement too. They should arrive in SW Chester County, PA, between the last few days in March and the second week in April. I'll have the nectar feeder filled for them the last week of March. Maybe a pair will nest here this year.

o

I can hardly wait.........its been a cold snowy winter here in west mich. I had my first last year on apr.29th..I saw on the migration map where they are already comming in way down south. hoo------rayyyyyyyyyy

o

Is it possible that they arrive to NC? Today I heard a buzz and saw something fly away very fast. I'm not sure what it was. I wonder if I should put my feeders up.

o

Glad I checked in...just realized I need to get my feeders up too! My first came mid March last year so I better hurry...by July and August, I have literally hundreds and spend each day cleaning and refilling feeders but it is SO worth it!!

There's nothing like seeing that first hummer of the season...can't wait!...thanks for the reminder..

Donna

o

I am in Nc and cannot wait for their arrival!
I hope to attract more this year.
Teresa B

o

Esrungg! Where in West Mi are you? I am in Blue Lake just North of Muskegon. Kind of where Muskegon, Oceana and Newago counties all come together.

o

Lisa......I'am near Greenville which is a little SE of you

o

YEAH!!! I saw my first RT male this morning at the feeder. This is about 2 weeks later than last year, but they are here in NW. Volusia County.

o

Esrungg, Greenville is pretty darn close, I have one person I have met on the Blue Bird forum that is in Sand Lake.....even closer to you I think. I have Family in Greenville with the last name of Krenz..(x inlaws, but still loved). :) No hummers here yet thank goodness although we are starting to thaw out!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here