Hummingbird Migration Map

hummersteve
11 years ago

The new 2013 spring migration map.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rubythroat spring migration 2013

Comments (8)

• salliestarr
    11 years ago

Thanks Steve. I have that bookmarked! Since I posted we have had frigid temps and no more sightings of what we thought were hummers. Southwest VA ...Sallie

• Carobuzz
    11 years ago

There is this excellent map as well! I like to follow both... http://www.learner.org/jnorth/maps/humm_ruby_spring2013.html

• jan273
    10 years ago

Waiting for first documented sightings of hummingbirds south of Boston. Multiple feeders, including window feeders up since March 19. Suspect several quick "fly-bys" but no landings to confirm. Much later than last year. Usually find them feeding on small insects in Boxwood bushes at this time for protein. Nothing there yet either! Any sightings in my area?
    Have several field science students looking as well!

• bluebirdbabe
    10 years ago

If they come to Michigan, they are going to have a rough time :( snow last night, 0 flowers, 0 flowering trees...nothing for them to eat. If they came here, would they be ok?? I have my feeders up just in case.

• gail71
    10 years ago

Hello fellow hummer watchers! Is it too early to put feeders out in central Maryland? I just started last year, and did have a visitor or two late spring and thru summer, but was wondering if I had put them out earlier, would I have had more? I'd appreciate any advice from seasoned watchers.

• ladyrose65
    10 years ago

I put a feeder out and I found it completely empty. But no sign of any hummers'. I found liquid on the ground. I think the squirrel tipped it over.

Do they come early in the morning or at night?

• eric580
    10 years ago

They come early in the morning and leave just as the sun is setting. That's the latest I've seen them.

• ltcollins1949
    10 years ago

Here in Rockport Texas the hummers are really feeding heavily getting ready to head up north. I think that they are a little late this year in migrating due to the cold spring. I've gone through a gallon of sugar water in the past couple of days. However, I am also feeding Baltimore Orioles the sugar water. Talked to my parents on the Tippecanoe River Indiana, and they haven't seen any yet.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions