Hummingbird Migration Map

Posted by hummersteve 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 21:47

The new 2013 spring migration map.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rubythroat spring migration 2013

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hummingbird Migration Map

Thanks Steve. I have that bookmarked! Since I posted we have had frigid temps and no more sightings of what we thought were hummers. Southwest VA ...Sallie

o

There is this excellent map as well! I like to follow both... http://www.learner.org/jnorth/maps/humm_ruby_spring2013.html

o

• Posted by jan273 Southeastern MA (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 12:41

Waiting for first documented sightings of hummingbirds south of Boston. Multiple feeders, including window feeders up since March 19. Suspect several quick "fly-bys" but no landings to confirm. Much later than last year. Usually find them feeding on small insects in Boxwood bushes at this time for protein. Nothing there yet either! Any sightings in my area?
Have several field science students looking as well!

o

If they come to Michigan, they are going to have a rough time :( snow last night, 0 flowers, 0 flowering trees...nothing for them to eat. If they came here, would they be ok?? I have my feeders up just in case.

o

Hello fellow hummer watchers! Is it too early to put feeders out in central Maryland? I just started last year, and did have a visitor or two late spring and thru summer, but was wondering if I had put them out earlier, would I have had more? I'd appreciate any advice from seasoned watchers.

o

I put a feeder out and I found it completely empty. But no sign of any hummers'. I found liquid on the ground. I think the squirrel tipped it over.

Do they come early in the morning or at night?

o

They come early in the morning and leave just as the sun is setting. That's the latest I've seen them.

o

Here in Rockport Texas the hummers are really feeding heavily getting ready to head up north. I think that they are a little late this year in migrating due to the cold spring. I've gone through a gallon of sugar water in the past couple of days. However, I am also feeding Baltimore Orioles the sugar water. Talked to my parents on the Tippecanoe River Indiana, and they haven't seen any yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here