Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This is early!!

Posted by ctnchpr (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 31, 07 at 11:28

Saw my first male RT 3min-43sec ago!! (Would've reported
sooner, but computer is slow. (-: ) This is about a
week/10 days early for me. I live in zone 6b WTN.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This is early!!

ctnchpr
Congratulations! I have some friends in Tn. that will be happy to hear that as they are still waiting...very patiently.

Penny

o

I'm so happy for you. Thy still not here at may house.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Connie

o

And now a female!! I'll wash the winter yuk from
my window this afternoon and try to post a picture
tomorrow.

o

Well aren't you the lucky duck ... your first male and female on the same day!

Penny

o

Congratulations!!!!!! That's just wonderful. I'm envious, but happy for you at the same time. I can't wait to see your pictures. I hope this bodes well for an early return in my yard. There's a cold front coming, though, so it's hard to know what's going to happen. If it gets colder again down in Tennessee, I'm sure your feeders will be much appreciated.

This is such an exciting time as the first reports are moving northward. I haven't put my feeders out yet because I'm concerned about them being made of glass. If they freeze, they'll break, and I'm afraid I won't remember to bring them in when the subfreezing nights return. So, I'm still waiting, and not all that patiently, in the suburbs of Pittsburgh.

o

OK folks, this is the best I could do for today. She
was very shy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Congrates ctnchpr and thank you for sharing your pic! I'm curious-did you do any modifications on your feeder?

I did modify mine but not sure if it was really needed or not, just did it to be on the safe side. I didn't modify the perches and they are just like yours which is the newer style perch. The ports are the only thing I modified on mine.

Here is the link about how to modify the Best1 Feeders to make them safer

o

cindra,

Yes, I modified the ports, but like you, I'm not
sure it was necessary. Of the thousands and thousands
of 'visits' prior to modification, not one hummer got
caught. The Best-1 is my 2nd favorite feeder ever,
my favorite was the Rubbermaid which I haven't seen
on the market for several years.

o

Hi folks, I want to tell you about a Hummingbird feeder I got at W/M last year. It was so easy to clean . First Nature was the name.Still waiting for first bird. Thanks Patricia

o

Congratulations! My feeders have been up over a week but I am still watching and waiting here in Nashville ):

o

I saw my first ones this week. I guess it's true that they will come to the same place every year. Of course, I can't tell it's the same birds. LOL I saw one go to the window where I usually have a feeder hangin on the glass, but hadn't put it up yet. Now I do & I just love watching him go from place to place, since my flowers aren't up yet.

o

I think the 2nd wave has reached me. Three
birds can't account for all the activity
outside today. Temps in the mid 70's.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here