Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making a glass hummingbird feeder,Need Help!!!

Posted by lito86 none (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 29, 13 at 11:33

Im am making glass hummingbird feeders, and I'm trying to glue marble stones onto a glass. But i haven't been able to find a good glue or adhesive. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making a glass hummingbird feeder,Need Help!!!

If you don't get any tips here, try the "Garden Junk" forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Junk

o

Maybe using a hot glue gun would work or Gorilla Glue. I`ve used that stuff on a lot of things.

o

I tried hot glue but it pops off after you add water. Also some thing that sets quickly. And that can withstand outside conditions.

o

Try Weldbond, I use it for mosaic tiles and it dries clear. Should form a good bond for outdoor/wet conditions. I have bought it at a stained glass supplier and my local ACE hardware. I'm sure the big box stores have it too. Good Luck!

o

Try using silicone. You can purchase it at your local pet store. It is non-toxic. Used for sealing fish tanks. This is what holds the tanks together.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here