Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Haven't seen any in a couple of days

Posted by johnricks Lower Alabama (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 22, 09 at 13:55

I am a second year student in hummingbird attracting/watching.

I saw my first himmingbirds a week ago today and they came back for a few days. But for the last couple of days I have seen no activity.

I put in new mix last Sunday and again this morning.

Wuz it sumpin' I said or are they looking for fresh mix?

Thanks,

John

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Haven't seen any in a couple of days

John,

You've been used!! Do you feel used? You were probably just a way station on their journey north. There will be many more, so keep up the good work!

o

Yes, there will be more. Those few you had at your feeders have merely moved on, but others will show up for sure. As the weather gets warmer, you will have to change the feed more often, and make sure the feeders are clean and free of any mold. I just have one lonely little male right now, so I'm looking forward to his friends joining him. Hope you get lots of hummers this season!

Donna

o

Whew! That's what I was hoping. Thanks guys!

o

I know how you feel too.. I just had one a few days ago and I believe it was a male..large one.. and this morning I saw a very tiny brown one..so maybe in a few more days I'll get a few more... the first visit he came back several times that day..now this morning she only was here for a few minutes...but I'm thrilled to see any...

God Bless
BarbZeee

o

John, are you still without hummers?

I think the RTs are still moving to their permanent summer locations. I've had RTs and Black Chinned males and females, but now a lot ot the RTs have moved on. Headed your way, hopefully.

Rob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here