Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It is Official

Posted by mimidi z8Ala (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 1, 10 at 15:46

I have hung my first spring feeder. Even though I keep feeders out year round hanging the feeder today seemed like the 2010 season had begun.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It is Official

Mimidi, that's great. You have motivated me to do the same tomorrow. Let the 2010 season begin!

I can't wait to see my first hummingbird this year.

Bon

o

Me neither Bon.

o

You lucky things! I will have to wait until around April 1 thru April 15 for the first hummers in OKC. It will definitely be worth the wait, though.

Meanwhile, I trudge the happy path of butterfly gardening and getting things ready for the Monarch migration.

Susan

o

Susan I love the butterflies too. They also keep me happy when the hummingbirds are not around. While I was outside clenaing up yesterday I realized that I had not seen those pretty yellow sulfers this year. Things have just been odd this winter.

o

Im sure you will have your first hb very soon if not already, but I most likely will not hang a feeder till april.

o

YAY!! It always gives me something to look forward to. I have actually had a feeder up all winter long. The lady at the birding store told me that they had an expert come in to speak about the hummers, and that people in my area should keep a feeder up all winter for the migrating hummers. Maybe a Rufous or Calliope would come through? I've never had that happen, but ya never know. Anyway, she said to use the saucer style feeders for winter. My first RTHB's usually show up around the first week of April, and I am always so happy to see them!

o

I dreamed last night that a hummer buzzed our back window. I'm putting odds on March 20 this year for our area. I cannot wait!

o

Maybe it's odd, but for some reason I don't usually see my hummers until July and sometimes August. I think they may just do a quick flyover Oklahoma and I pretty much just see the juvies. Maybe mom and dad have an established territory outside of my area????

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here