Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First hummer of the season!

Posted by donnalovesblue (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 17:37

Hi all! Put 2 feeders up last week and my first sighting was Mon., 3/24. The past two seasons, it was on 3/18. We had a cold snap that took our night time lows in the upper 20s...unusual for this time of year in East central MS. But the lone male is surprisingly still around and temps are warm again! Hope we all have a banner year with these little jewels!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First hummer of the season!

Hooray!!! And I am anxiously awaiting their arrival in, oh, let`s say mid-May!!!! Feed them well and enjoy!

o

Now there are three! Yipee!

o

Hooray!!! I am also anxiously awaiting my first hummer end of April earliest. Looking for my first Butterfly any week now...

o

It will be about 4 weeks before Scouts start coming through.Going to buy a couple more feeders. Had 6 last year. And had line up on some

o

Saw 2 Ruby Throated hummers on my blooming lemon tree today.

o

It is late in the season for us not to have seen a scout, We have two feeders up, though, and are hopeful to see the first very soon!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here