Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Getting Ready!

Posted by donnalovesblue (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 7, 14 at 18:58

All feeders are clean and ready! For the past two years, my first hummer sighting has been on 3/18, but with our crazy weather here in the deep South...who knows! Two feeders will go up next week and we shall see! Can't wait to spot my first little visitor!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Getting Ready!

Ha Ha! Mine are ready too, but I won`t see them until about mid May! Here`s hoping your weather stabilizes and those little beauties stop over at your place for a good long visit.

o

I could have my first sighting anytime now. All is ready.

o

Has the migration map been posted yet?

o

Yes , it`s up and they are on the move!

Here is a link that might be useful: Migration Map

o

Looks like they are already in the Gulf coast (MS/AL)....getting two feeders up tomorrow morning for sure! I am in east central MS.! So looking forward to spotting my first visitors!

o

They are such magical little birds. Happy scouting!!!!

o

It's exciting the think some have already arrived and are wending their way north. I hope to see them in about a month. This year I'm going to plant more hummingbird plants, put up more feeders and enjoy them to the max!

o

I`m right with you - have spent all winter dreaming/scheming new gardens and more feeders!!

o

Well, according to the map, they are in my area but haven't spotted one yet, though I could have missed it!

o

I had one buzz the front door yesterday. Hubby put the feeder out. I saw my first ruby throated hummer today. Such a joy!

o

Saw my first males last weekend and my first female today. I seem to have more males than I normally have this early.

Rhonda

o

According to the map, they are in my area. Last year my first one arrived on April 3. Three feeders are up - just anxiously waiting!

o

Donna

Hope you get one soon , unless I missed it. I wont see one till the last week of april.

Steve

o

Well, my first sighting was on 3/20 and now I have seen at least 3 males. Still having some crazy weather in our area, temperature wise....One week of highs in the upper 70s, and then another cool snap for a few days! I am ready for spring to stick around!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here