Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Michigan sighting

Posted by eddie21 SE Mich. (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 21, 12 at 18:59

Has anyone in Mi.had a sighting yet?--I see on the map they are here--This is really early!
I thought it was the amount of daylight that brought the hummers north not the temps!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Michigan sighting

The general movement north follows the sun increase, but the weather will always have an effect. This year's historic March heat wave appears to be greatly aiding the hummers' return. The northward sprint should take a break soon, though, as the weather pattern changes.

o

Hi, Highland Township Here. No sightings, and I too watch the map, so I put out my "greeter" feeder for them. Usually I put them out 1st or 2nd week of April. This way they have something to sip on if they have to pack up and rush back down south !

o

• Posted by jomuir z5 detroit (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 24, 12 at 10:38

We're on the lookout in Detroit, so far no sightings. DH & I were talking about when to put out a feeder last week.

I may hang a 'greeter' (thx crazee) feeder this weekend just in case too. Can't wait for them!

o

West Michigan here, no sighting for me yet but my feeders up!

o

My feeder has been up for two weeks....no sightings yet. However, a wren did take a drink one day. First time I saw a "big bird" use the feeder. It's one like Steve has from Lowe's so small openings. Hopeful for a sighting anyday. I miss them.........

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here