Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
They're heeeeeeeeeerrrrrre

Posted by ctnchprs_daughter Austin, TX (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 19, 09 at 19:02

Just landed on the feeder but was backlit so I could not identify. Will conduct reconnaissance and report back, hopefully with photos.

Oh, and one more thing... Daddy-you're jeeeaaaalous! NaNaNaNa booboo!!!

:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: They're heeeeeeeeeerrrrrre

Little male Black-Chinned.

I had to take the picture with full optical zoom from about thirty yards away, hence the fuzziness.

Just arrived

o

I'm in San Antonio and Black Chinned males are what we are mostly seeing here as well. A friend of mine at work had two of them fighting so hard over her feeder, they crashed into her window. But both survived to fight again!
Rob

o

Yes , I bet daddy is jealous, but I am also surprised he doesnt have any yet.

o

I am also in Austin, and like clockwork I had one on a feeder yesterday. They always seem to arrive about March 20th. Yayyy!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here