Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What trees in your yard are hummers nesting in?

Posted by susansez2luv Ca (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 11, 08 at 19:40

Hi,
Now that I've got a great garden for hummers ( after three years of plantings from members advice) I'll like to get one to nest on my property. This question is mostly for Anna's. What trees in your yard have hosted nests in the past or right now for that matter. Maybe by next year I can have a tree big enough for a mom. Thanks for the help
Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What trees in your yard are hummers nesting in?

I have often noticed a few hummingbirds around my yard, since the Aloe is now blooming hopefully I will see more.

Oh wow ..... I discovered a nest in the messy Acacia tree but I just don't know which type of hummer it is. lol

o

Ankrara,

Which type of aleo is that bloomin? I have never seen any around here bloom. I have a century plant that favors an aloe but it getting to huge for its pot.

JAMIE

o

Jamie;- I believe it is Aloe vera.

Supannee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here