Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm getting buzzed

Posted by rvird01 9a Florida (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 19, 14 at 21:51

by male hummers :) Saw my first one last weekend and have at least 3 males. I have been sitting in my garden the past couple evenings as the sun goes down. They just keep dive bombing and buzzing each other. Last night I put on my red pjs and laughed as they kept checking me out...thinking they had met the biggest red flower on earth. Lol

Rhonda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm getting buzzed

Wonderful story, Rhonda!
Can't wait to see my first hummer of the year.
I keep checking the map and crossing my fingers. Laugh.

-Robert

o

I spotted a beautiful male Ruby Throat hummingbird at feeder yesterday and today. I left a feeder up and fresh all year. I had a few sightings of migration, last one Jan. 4th, so I hope this hummer is here to stay. I will add another feeder soon. I hope to take a pic., as soon as he stays at feeder long enough. I hope his friends join him!

o

Robert,
It shouldn't be long before you see them. I'm hoping this will be a banner year. Normally, I only see one male at a time this early in the year, so I'm thrilled that I'm consistently seeing 3.

Nanaboo,
I kept up one feeder up through winter as well, but didn't see any hummers. Hope to see your pics soon.

Rhonda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here